Not Just for Christmas
Christmas is almost upon us, and for many people, the idea of buying or adopting a new member of the family (albeit a furry one!), is one that is given serious consideration. Here, at Pet Tags, we applaud the idea of pets in the home and all of their cuteness, but this is certainly a serious decision not to be taken lightly.
Are You Ready?To prepare you for the level of commitment required, we have compiled a short check-list for any prospective dog or cat owners out there.
- Are you prepared to commit at least ten years of yours and your family’s life to this animal? Animals are not toys with a shelf life; they are lifelong companions, if you let them be.
- Do you have the time to invest in a new pooch or a kitten? Children can often lose interest when it comes to walking and feeding, so the responsibility will often lie with the parents.
- Do you have the money to devote to a pet? On average, each cat or dog will cost approximately £1000 a year over their lifetime, and that’s not including unplanned vet trips!
- Do you have enough space? Cats need room to get away from the hubbub of everyday life and dogs need outdoor space to roam around in.
- Does this animal fit in with your lifestyle? If you often work away, work long hours and enjoy travelling, then perhaps a cat or dog isn't for you!
- Do you know where to get pet tags, microchips and the correct pet food from?